Tuesday, January 04, 2011

STOCKS

Most of the time, I would choose to spend my money on books over clothes, makeup, shoes, and bags. True story. I can spend hours in a bookstore. Call me a book horde but I usually stock up on books--I panic-buy when I have 5 books unread, untouched (most of my books look "untouched", you cannot even tell the difference whether it is meant for reading or a mere artifact--I have a connection with books, I treat them like human beings, I know it is weird). Now, I have over 10 books lined up for me to read.

These are the latest:

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson; South Of The Border, West Of The Sun by Haruki Murakami; and Lauren Conrad Style.
I am an avid fan of Lauren Conrad. My mom (who turns 43 tomorrow!) got me this book last year. 
I got this from one of my best friends Toni as a Christmas present. I literally screamed at the top of my lungs when I got this. She even included a "T" metal book clip and a Starbucks gift certificate so I could read in my favorite place! Thank you, RSF!
I bought this awhile ago. I dragged my friends Manuel and Danica. It is my first ever Murakami book. Ecstatic!

Earlier today, I went to 4 bookstores just to look for this book--there are no copies left. Looks like I am gonna make do with the ebook I downloaded. I already read four chapters, I only stopped because my eyes were already burning. I want the real thing. I love the smell of books... So relaxing! 
It is time to drown in Haruki Murakami's words.

1 comments:

Marella Ricketts said...

I looove Haruki Murakami! One of my favorite authors ;)